The Charitable Bingo interactive Portable Document Format (.pdf) applications can be completed electronically, printed, signed as applicable and then mailed into the Charitable Bingo Operations Division for processing.
Please note the following:
- To view and use these bingo forms in .pdf format, you will need the free Adobe Reader software (version 5 and higher recommended), or the full Adobe Acrobat software version that you may purchase. If you do not already have the Adobe Reader free software installed on your computer, you can download it free from http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html .
- We recommend that you open and save any .pdf form or application to your computer hard drive or a floppy disk before completing it.
- To save a copy of the file to disk, right click with your mouse on the link and choose the ‘Save Target As’ option.
- If you are using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software, you cannot save the form once you have opened it in an internet browser and attempted to add information to the interactive fields.
- After you have completed the form on screen, you will have to print it (and sign the document as necessary) before mailing it into the Charitable Bingo Operations Division.
Using the interactive bingo division forms
- Very Important! Please read both the general and specific instructions of each form concerning the required information before attempting to complete the form.
- When an interactive document is first opened, you may click your "tab" button on your keyboard to have the cursor move to the very first data field. After completing that data field, you may tab forward to the next data field in sequence. Data field sequence has been set per page. Shift + Tab will move the cursor backwards. [ Note: If you are using Adobe Reader 7.0 or later versions, you may need to use a combination of tab key and pointing to radio-buttons/check box data fields with the mouse cursor to navigate to all data fields.] You may also select the Hand Tool (shown below) in the Acrobat Reader Toolbox at the top of the screen, then move your mouse to any portion of the form. Note: If your mouse pointer passes over any interactive data field, the hand tool becomes an "I-beam" ( I ) cursor.
- Each data field has a very brief " tooltip" or " assistance box message" (see sample below) that appears when the "I-beam" ( I ) cursor is placed over the data field that reminds the user what information should be entered into the data field. Please refer to the application instructions, as applicable, for more details.
Assistance Box Message shown for each interactive data field when cursor passes over the field.
- Your "pointing finger" tool allows you to select a field, a check box, a radio button, or an item from a list.
- Once you have completed all items electronically, you are ready to print out a final copy. You cannot save a completed version with Adobe Reader software. Be sure to print out a copy while still on line. When printing, if the page is cut off, choose "fit to page" from the printing dialog (page scaling) box.
- For your convenience, you will see a PRINT FORM button and a RESET FORM button in the top left and right corners of each form. At any time, you may print a copy of the form by clicking once on the PRINT FORM button. If you have made mistakes in entering data onto the form and wish to start over, you may clear all data-entry by clicking once on the RESET FORM button. Both the PRINT FORM and RESET FORM buttons are visible on the form, but do not print on the form.
General data entry rules:
- Use 2 letter abbreviations to indicated state (example: "TX"- Texas ; "LA"- Louisiana ; "NM"- New Mexico ; "OK"- Oklahoma ).
- Use 2 digits to represent the month (example: "03"-March; "09"-September).
- Use HH:MM format (Example: " 11:30 ") to indicate start and end times in hours and minutes. You will need to use the colon (":") between the HH and MM. Ensure each time indicate has either "AM" or "PM" indicated.
- Select "M" for male or "F" for female to indicate gender of individual.
- Do not add or use a dollar sign ($), or commas when entering dollar amounts, but do use decimal points as necessary.
- Signature data fields MAY NOT be completed on your computer screen.
- Use 5 -digits for zip codes (Example: "78550" ).
- Applications generally require a physical location address and/or mailing address. Please provide complete address information for each, as applicable.
- Use the legal name of an individual as it appears on a driver’s license or other formal document.
- Use the legal name of an applicant organization as it appears on organizing instruments, or if already licensed, the organization name as it appears on the most recent issued Charitable Bingo license.
- Enter only digits for telephone numbers, social security numbers, taxpayer numbers and employer identification numbers, no hyphens ("-") or spaces are required between numbers.
- A single data field asking for MM/DD/YYYY will require either spaces or slashes ("/") between MM and DD and YYYY. All other date fields are coded to accept two digits only for MM (range 1-12), two digits for DD (range 1-31) and four digits for YYYY.
- Data fields may be coded to allow multiple selections, or may be coded to accept only a single selection or certain data. Example: You will only be allowed to select "M" for male, or "F" for female for gender of an individual, but may be allowed to select both Conductor and Lessor license types for an organization. AM / PM data fields are coded to allow the user to select only "AM" or "PM". These fields will have one of the two fields marked as a form default position. Click either of the data fields to select. Zip Code data fields only accept numerals for data-entry.
Male / Female Data field with Female box filled (form default position)
- If you have problems opening or using the Charitable Bingo interactive .pdf forms, please contact the Bingo Division at 1-800-246-4677, Select Option # 1 for the Bingo Division, then select Option # 4 to speak with Accounting Services/Special Projects and ask to speak with the division website coordinator.