The Sunset Review of the Texas Lottery Commission
The mission and performance of the Texas Lottery Commission has been reviewed by the Legislature as required under the Texas Sunset Act. The Act provides that the Sunset Advisory Commission, composed of legislators and public members, periodically evaluate a state agency to determine if the agency is still needed, and what improvements are needed to ensure that state funds are well spent. Based on the recommendations of the Sunset Advisory Commission, the Texas Legislature ultimately decides whether an agency continues to operate into the future.
The 83rd Legislature enacted House Bill 2197, the Texas Lottery Commission Sunset Legislation. Below is a link to the agency’s Sunset legislation.
Texas Lottery Commission Sunset Legislation
Sunset Review Reports
- 2011 TLC Self-Evaluation Report to the Sunset Advisory Commission
- Sunset Advisory Commission, Staff Report 2012
- Agency Response to Sunset Staff Report, March 2012
- Sunset Advisory Commission, Staff Report With Decision Material, May 2012
- Sunset Advisory Commission, Final Report With Legislative Action, Texas Lottery Commission, July 2013